Sunday, September 28, 2008

Introductions

Welcome to the "Story a Day" group!

Of course, for the time being, that's a misleading moniker because I'm going to start with three titles a week--Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Nonetheless, welcome! For those of you who don't know, my name is variably Katie or Kasey, depending on who's addressing me, so you'll see me on here with my blended name of Kastie. I don't really care which one you call me (Intelligirly or just plain Girly are also kosher, if you know me thusly). Not addressing me at all is just fine, too.

Feel free to introduce yourself in the comments of this post; it would be nice to know how many of you are out there. I know there are a couple of you who will just be reading and not actively participating; you can say hi, too.

I suppose now is a good time to say that, unless the general consensus is otherwise, we'll be taking a hiatus from this site during the month of November. I know a fair number of us will be trying to complete a book for National Novel Writing Month , and if you're anything like me, that will take all your spare moments for the month. However, I will plan to re-open this site on Friday, December 2nd.

Enough about that, though! We've got an entire month before we get to slack off again!

I'll post the first title on Wednesday morning. Any suggestions for that or any other title should be sent to storyadaymod@gmail.com. Other questions or suggestions can also be sent over there.

Thanks for taking part in this experiment! I hope it goes well with you all.

9 comments:

anthrogeek said...

Hi!

I'm Jen, Katie and Steff's cousin! I'm also a college student, an amateur photographer and a contract worker (the boring computer kind, not the fun killing kind).

Sometimes, I am a writer.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'll be first. My name is Tom (but I usually prefer "Guam") and I work with Kasey at Eerdmans. I've never really done this kind of writing before so it should be interesting.

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Tonya, and I'm an addict...

Kastie said...

*chorus* Hi, Tonya.

Amy Pratt said...

Hi, I'm Amy and I will be quietly lurking but not in a creepy way. I can't write but love to read and do not criticize. Oh, I'm also Katie/Kasey's best friend. Sometimes I just like to follow along with what she's doing, especially since I'm so far away.

Logan said...

Hi! I'm Logan, a friend of Steff's mostly due to the original story a day group. It's nice to be on the lack of responsibility side of things this time!

Kastie said...

Yes, I have a feeling I'll be regretting doing this about two weeks in. :)

You're the Australian boyo, yeah?

Logan said...

*gasp* You do know New Zealanders generally consider it a mortal insult to be mistaken for Australians, right? But I'll forgive you. Just this once. Yeah, that'd be me.

Kastie said...

Argh! Well, if I had KNOWN you were from New Zealand, I would have asked if you were a kiwi. *grin*

Sorry. Hey, welcome!